GPIgen - GPI generator
GPIgen is Win32 commandline tool for conversion of GPX files into Garmin GPI file. It is designed for automated calls by the scripts.
GPI file is format for storing custom Point-Of-Interest into Garmin GPS.
Note: Garmin does not provide any information about GPI file format. Please, report any incompatibilites. Thank you!
gpigen.exe <source_path> <destination_file>
source_path - Path to directory with set of GPX files to process. Format of GPX files are same as for Garmin PoiLoader.
destination_file - Filename of output GPI file.
- Can process GPX files in same structure as for Garmin ™ PoiLoader.
- GPX files using same internal format as for Garmin ™ PoiLoader.
- Can process multiple POI groups with multiple categories.
- POI icons can be defined by a category or for each POI separately.
- Any POI can have attached JPEG image.
- POI can have comment and/or description (include HTML).
- POI can have an address fields.
- POI can have a contact fields.
- Proximity and speed alerts are supported.
- Support for POI in unicode. (Oregon, Dakota, eTrex20/30) [GpiGen 1.1.0]
- supported POI icons are 8-bit uncompressed BMP up to 48×48 size only!
- CSV sources are not supported! You must use GPX only.
- TourGuide audio is not supported.
|gpigen-1.2.0.zip||696.3 KiB||2018/07/17 20:39|
|gpigen-1.1.1.zip||434.3 KiB||2015/09/14 00:00|
|gpigen-1.1.0.zip||433.7 KiB||2014/06/22 00:00|
- 2014-05-26 - First release
- 2014-06-22 - 1.1.0 with unicode support
- 2015-09-14 - 1.1.1 with memory optimalization
- 2018-07-17 - 1.2.0 Optimalizations, increased supported BMP size from 24×24 to 48×48, enhanced error handling.
gpigen.txt · Last modified: 2018/07/17 20:41 by geby